Oh my word, so much going on lately. Life running on insane overload, and there's so much I want to blog about, but simply don't have the time today.
But, I did want to finally share a really big and exciting announcement with you, esp. since I've been working so hard to get this up and running.
I've FINALLY opened my own etsy shop!!!!
After the endless mind debates I've had over whether or not to try to sell my crafty stuff on etsy in the hopes of trying to pay some bills while I continue to job hunt, I've finally decided I've got nothing to lose and I'm going for it.
Best case scenario: I end up making a bunch of new income from home making incredibly fun stuff I enjoy that helps pay our bills.
Medium case scenario: I make enough income from home to support my crafting habit.
Worst case scenario: My girls end up in heaven with a ton of new hair accessories to wear whenever they want and I continue to job hunt.
See, nothing to lose by giving it a try, right? And it keeps my idle hands busy and gives me something very positive to focus on as I continue to receive rejection letters and fill out new job applications each day.
I'm almost finished building my web site, located here: EL Designs
And my etsy shop is totally up and running with just a few items I had time to list today. There's tons more items for sale I haven't gotten listed yet, but they'll be there soon.
I've had SOOOOO many people encourage me to do this, to sell my stuff both on etsy and to get involved in all the tons of local craft booths, school fundraisers, etc. so if I actually end up selling anything those might some great options too.
So, what's my shop? Well, it's called EL Deigns, named after my daughters (E and L) who are the main inspiration for all my crafty things, and also my biggest fans since so much of what I end up making goes to them.
I'm selling a variety of girls, teens, and adult hair accessories like barrettes, snap clips, alligator clips, bobby pins, headbands, and broaches/pins.
I've already had TONS of fun making everything and I love how versatile & creative it all is, and how different each design ends up being. My girls are in love with all of them and they want to keep them all.
So far I've been keeping my initial costs down by using a lot of the fabrics & other supplies in my personal stash.
Anyway, enough of that. I'm hoping to have more items listed later tonight, but I've got 2 kids at church, another heading to soccer practice, dinner to make, baking for tomorrow, and house cleaning all on my to-do list for the rest of today, so we'll see.
In the meantime, go check out my mew etsy shop and let me know what you think!!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment