There's nothing like being sick...having an entire family share that sickness...to knock you right out of your new fitness routines. With all the yucky winter colds going through our house and the extremely sore throat & cough I can't manage to lose, it's taken a toll on my exercise ambitions {sigh}.
I think I've actually gone through one cold and somehow gained a new one...because I'm pretty sure I had about 2 days without a sore throat somewhere in the middle. So it's been exactly 2 weeks since I've managed to motivate my lazy body to get moving...and yes, I've felt an enormous difference in the huge LACK of energy I've had recently (not just because of being sick).
Of course, at the same time there's nothing like getting back in touch with a bunch of really old friends on Facebook who look completely amazing and totally fit to get you remotivated to jump back on the fitness bandwagon! I mentioned this thought to a friend of mine who told me she believes the only people who fit into this category are men and women who haven't had kids yet, and I think I like that theory!
There's a reason most of my photos are head shots...to hide the very flabulous leftover mommy bits of me that don't seem to magically want to revert to my pre-babies body shape without any effort and an allowance to eat as much chocolate as I want. Hmmph!
So I guess it's back to plan B...it's gonna take work. Which is exactly why I pulled my tired body back up onto the treadmill yesterday and started running. Yes, I was out of breath some of the time, and yes the pep talk in my head was getting a lot of reservations and grumbling, in return but I did it.
Of course my time wasn't the greatest, but I still managed to maintain an okay level considering my lack of exercise the past 2 weeks:
1.5 miles = 16:40 minutes
3.1 miles = 36:40 minutes
Still pathetic in comparison to my goals, but it's progress and as long as I keep going it just keeps getting better.
I think I've actually gone through one cold and somehow gained a new one...because I'm pretty sure I had about 2 days without a sore throat somewhere in the middle. So it's been exactly 2 weeks since I've managed to motivate my lazy body to get moving...and yes, I've felt an enormous difference in the huge LACK of energy I've had recently (not just because of being sick).
Of course, at the same time there's nothing like getting back in touch with a bunch of really old friends on Facebook who look completely amazing and totally fit to get you remotivated to jump back on the fitness bandwagon! I mentioned this thought to a friend of mine who told me she believes the only people who fit into this category are men and women who haven't had kids yet, and I think I like that theory!
There's a reason most of my photos are head shots...to hide the very flabulous leftover mommy bits of me that don't seem to magically want to revert to my pre-babies body shape without any effort and an allowance to eat as much chocolate as I want. Hmmph!
So I guess it's back to plan B...it's gonna take work. Which is exactly why I pulled my tired body back up onto the treadmill yesterday and started running. Yes, I was out of breath some of the time, and yes the pep talk in my head was getting a lot of reservations and grumbling, in return but I did it.
Of course my time wasn't the greatest, but I still managed to maintain an okay level considering my lack of exercise the past 2 weeks:
1.5 miles = 16:40 minutes
3.1 miles = 36:40 minutes
Still pathetic in comparison to my goals, but it's progress and as long as I keep going it just keeps getting better.









No comments:
Post a Comment