Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Monday, February 23, 2009

Quiet

I just barely managed to dig up enough motivation to throw something together and turn in this week's paper before tonight's deadline. It's amazing how anything & everything else can become so much more interesting when you're trying to avoid the things you should be doing. But it's done, far from my best effort, but it'll do.

Now, it's late, and there's an amazing, peaceful quiet filling my house. It's a strange, unusual sound...typically one that signals someone is up to something, most likely drawing on their bodies with a permanent black marker. And you think I'm kidding, ha!

Today was filled with a lot of interruptions from KW who's entered into a new tattle telling phase as he runs to me whenever the slightest injustice occurs and babbles in incoherent toddler gibberish all about the sibling he's telling on at the moment. He grabs my hand and leads me to the offender and expects me to reprimand them on his behalf. Today many toddler injustices occurred, and he had much to say about it as he repeatedly interrupted me from my measly attempts to work on my homework.

Today was also filled with a lot of, "Mommy, I threw up...again" from LA who can't seem to shake this annoying croupy cough! She coughs so violently that it creates a gagging reflex she can't seem to control. Considering the big black circles under her tired eyes tonight I'm not sure if she'll make it to school tomorrow.

And as late as it is part of me doesn't want to go to sleep because right now the peace and quiet filling my house with everyone fast asleep is a guilty pleasure that won't last long. Because I know as soon as I jump into bed tomorrow morning will show up and another busy, filled day will begin all over again.

I'm going to enjoy it for just a few more minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment