Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Monday, February 02, 2009

Job Opportunity?

I received a call last night from my realtor and long time friend asking me if I was still looking for a job. I said yes and he mentioned he and his wife are getting involved in a new business in addition to his work in real estate and he invited me to come over to their house tonight to hear more about it, mentioning he really believes I would be a perfect fit for whatever it is.

From the little they've told me, it's not sounding very good. In fact, it's sounding a lot like a MLM scheme, which would be completely weird coming from them. I called his wife and asked a little more about it today and told her my reservations about becoming involved with any kind of huge investment, soliciting all your family and friends-type deals, and she understood completely and told me those kinds of things always give her a really bad taste in her mouth too.

She didn't mention much, but said the presentation is really different and definitely worth hearing. They are NOT the type of people to get involved in any kind of stupid selling products, etc. type promotions, and if it were anyone else I wouldn't even consider going. But he's really smart when it comes to business and they're pretty much, well, rich, so as much as I'm having these negative vibes about it, I'm going to at least go and take notes and listen to the schpeal.

I'm just hoping it won't become anything that will create a weird thing between us in our friendship if I don't get involved in it. I'm just really skeptical about the whole thing because I've been there/done that and I'm really doubting this could be the answer to prayer I've been wanting and the new direction God wants me to go.

I don't know, I guess I'll know much more tonight!






No comments:

Post a Comment