Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Positive Outlook

After a very grueling, long and testing week, I am finally FREE of another extremely intense MBA class! I finally managed to finish my last beast of a 7,000 word paper late last night and say goodbye to what's consumed most of my life for the past 6 weeks.

The past week has also dealt it's share of troubles, with almost everyone in my family suffering from very painful ear infections and strep throat, but thankfully we're all almost totally over that mess as well.

There's MUCH to catch up on from the past few weeks I've really wanted to blog about, but haven't had the time for, so I'm really looking forward to sharing those things soon. The current financial stress has hit an all time peak at a point where I'm completely out of solutions and honestly not sure how on earth to get through it this time.

I've debated venting some of those concerns here, but I'm tired of re-depressing myself as I look back and read my blog, so instead today I'm forcing myself to take the more positive glass half full approach and remind myself of some of the blessings in my life with the following meme. No, it's not Monday, it's Tuesday here, but my Monday schedule wouldn't afford me the time, so today will have to do.

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Sunny, breezy, still warm enough to be summer, but beginning to show signs that fall isn't far away.

One of my simple pleasures:
Reading blogs for new tempting recipes I can try sometime.

On my bedside table:
A craft project I haven't had time to begin.
My cell phone.
Chapstick.
Movie, "The Cutting Edge" I recently enjoyed watching with my daughters.

On my TV:
Not much, usually watching an episode or two of Mythbusters on Netflix with SD late at night if we have time to unwind before bed.

On the menu for tonight:
Homemade gluten free pizza (pepperoni, plain cheese, BBQ chicken, and chicken alfredo) for IK's belated birthday party.

On my To Do List:
How much time do you have? :o)

For today, IK's belated birthday party and housecleaning. For later this week, more house cleaning, yard work, and hopefully picking up several craft projects I haven't been able to touch the past few weeks because of schoolwork.

New Recipe I tried last week:
I made the slightly spicy hamburger from a stuffed zucchini recipe and poured it over rice. It was a simple, easy, fast meal and a big hit.

In the craft basket:
Completing LA's rag quilt I started last Christmas is first up on the list. I finally have all the squares, batting, and backing cut out and pinned together. Now it's time for the really fun actual sewing steps! Then onto the ragging, washing, and LA being able to enjoy her new quilt...hopefully by the end of this week!

Looking forward to:
No schoolwork for me over the next 3 weeks as I take a break before my next class! Having more time to spend with my husband and kids during that time, and preparing my kids for going back to school and getting everyone back into that daily routine.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I usually try to grill up a whole bag of chicken all at once to save time. Then I cut up all the chicken and use some for tonight's meal and save about half for a second meal. When I'm ready to use the leftover chicken I save a lot of time by already having it grilled, cut up, and ready to go!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Needing a really good laugh, I stumbled across CakeWrecks, where many humorous photos are displayed of cakes gone wrong situations. Spend a few minutes there and you'll perk right up with a ton of laughter sure to ensue!

Favorite photo from last week:
Some homemade GF banana nut bread that turned out pretty amazing. Mmmm! It actually didn't fall like so many GF breads after baking and cooling. It was perfect for breakfast with a cup of hot tea or late at night for dessert.


Lesson learned the past few days:
Life almost always feels hard, but there's always a positive light that can be found. Instead of focusing on the areas of worry, stress, and concern right now, today I am thankful for the many blessings in my life I truly don't deserve.

On my Prayer List:
Our current financial situation.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phillippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment