Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Saturday, August 29, 2009

Seriously Awesome Weekend

Last night the kids went over to SD's parent's house for a sleepover giving us a wonderful kidless date night. I was extremely domestic all day yesterday as I worked on a couple of craft projects and some baking most of the day.

Since it was just us in the house, we decided to order in some Mexican food and watch a movie. Our home was so unbelievably QUIET!!!! Almost eerie quiet and very strange. It was such a relaxing and fun evening.

Then this morning we woke up early and drove into Boise to meet a friend who went along with us to run the approximate 10k course for our race coming up in Oct. It was a trial run so we could get a feel for the actual course, know where all the twists and turns are located, etc.

Since we didn't know the exact start & end locations we took a guess and I think we're pretty close, although I'm also pretty sure we ran a further distance. Our time through the first 4 miles was really good, but after that we took a few more walking breaks during mile 5, so our total time was much higher. 

Last Sat. I ran 10k in my best time yet: 

10k (6.2 miles) = 67:06 min. which is a 10:49 min./mile pace

And today, by the time I ran back to the car it was a total of 79:44 min., WAY over the longest it's ever taken me to run this distance, which is how I know we ran a further length...even with the extra walking breaks.

SD did an awesome job at not only keeping up with me, but totally smoking me on this run. With the way he was talking, and having not run this distance before, I really thought he would start out strong, but lose his momentum at some point...he didn't, he totally smoked me and finished several minutes before I did.

Of course afterwards he was complaining about being VERY sore and this afternoon he crashed and took a nap, while I feel just fine, but it still makes me want to run even harder to increase my speed before the actual race.

After our run we found a really fun/comical Willy Wonka candy store. It was huge and there were so many hilarious items/joke candies for sale. We drove home, grabbed some lunch, showered and went for a motorcycle ride. This was the very first time we tried riding with me on the back of SD's bike. It took a little bit for him to adjust to my extra weight on the back of his bike, and for me to hold onto him without sliding around, but we had an awesome time, stopped by to visit some old friends, and the weather was simply perfect!

The whole thing has been an incredibly perfect weekend!!!

Oh, and yesterday, completely out of the blue, and for no reason whatsoever, my teenage son gave me this huge hug and told me he loved me...LOVED that moment, and I love that boy! SUCH a wonderful couple of days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment