Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Baby Girl's 8!

Speaking of new births, and birthdays, my baby girl turned 8 years old earlier this week.

...8 whole years...just like that...amazing!!!

We made some GF cupcakes and opened presents. She blew out one candle, because her mom searched high and low for the package of candles, tearing the entire pantry apart, and found nothing. nice.

But despite my candle mishap, I did manage to turn this t-shirt and yard of pretty pink fabric with black flowers...

Into this pretty new birthday dress that she loved!

I followed this pattern for a teecycle dress where you cut the bottom half off of a t-shirt and add the fabric for the lower part of the dress.

It was my first attempt at "gathering" fabric like this to bunch around the chest area, and my cheapo sewing machine didn't like the process much, so it was rather cumbersome to perform, so the dress is a little bigger than I wanted it to turn out, but it worked.

I added a thin black ribbon between the shirt and pink fabric for an extra touch. The pattern, comes from a wonderful blog, Grosgrain, and isn't really technical at all, which is great for me because I'd be lost.

I almost prefer to sew without patterns, so I just measured LA's torso at about 22 inches, so I doubled it to 44 inches, and my length was about 25 inches of fabric because she wanted it below her knees.

Before attaching the pink fabric to the top I added a thin black lining to the inside of the dress (on the back side of the pink fabric) so she won't have to worry about finding a slip all the time.

My pictures are somewhat lacking because my camera batteries were about to totally die and I had to make sure I had enough for the birthday moments to be captured too.

Her favorite princess these days, Jasmine.

Littlest Pet shops, Webkinz, etc. Ultimately, though, what was THE best gift we bought by FAR???

The little plastic jar of...ahem, potty noises putty...for a dollar...priceless. The giggles and squeals have continued for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment