Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Friday, January 08, 2010

Contentment

I was cleaning up KW's room the other day, and as I was cleaning and looking around at all the amazing toys he has, surprised at how many clothes he has when all the laundry is finally done, etc. I realized something.

This little boy is seriously not in need or want...of ANYTHING! In fact, for a 4 year old, he has a pretty pimped out bedroom, a little boy's dream.

And then it occurred to me that ALL of my kids are equally blessed in this way...they're not in need or want of anything,...ANYTHING.

Trying to really let that fact sink in for a moment I realized how truly blessed my kids are,...and also how blessed I am to have them, and as much as we struggle financially sometimes, how great it feels to  actually be able to provide everything my children need. What an amazing feeling.

Sure there's plenty of financial stress, and times where I'm honestly not sure how on earth we're going to afford to buy groceries,...but somehow it always works...scratch that,...I know how it works, God's the one who makes this crazy life work, it's by the grace of God that we manage to have this life...this abundantly blessed life.

And with these thoughts in mind, I finally managed to tackle the two most dreaded chores in serious need of my attention...scrubbing out the oven, and scrubbing my bathroom. I'll spare you the extremely scary details of just how badly these items were in need of a deep clean.

Instead, I spent most of yesterday scrubbing all over my house, tackling those jobs, washing and folding laundry, baking, and simply taking tons of time to clean and care for this tiny little home God has blessed us with,...for once not viewing this cramped little space as something I wish we could sell and upgrade out of, but instead as the home where I am able to provide a safe, loving, warm home for my children where they live with so many blessings...not in need or want for anything.

Is this home everything I want? No. Everything I want to provide for my children? No. But it's the home we have.

One day my children will look back and remember this tiny little home they grew up in, and instead of providing them with a ton of memories of how we always felt so dissatisfied with this tiny place, constantly dreaming of moving somewhere else, instead I want them to look back and remember that we were content with what we had, and that we made this place a loving home where we raised our family.

And with that, I'm fully content to be "stuck" in this little place for now. Who knows where our family will go in the future, where we'll live, what new place(s) we'll call home.

We're already so blessed beyond measure...and for that I'm fully content, and truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment