Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Joshua 1:8-9

In keeping up with some of my New Year's resolutions to focus more on daily time with God and not allowing the whole job insecurity thing to stress me out completely anymore, I've started reading more.

I love to read and usually spend a lot of time reading each morning, mostly from craft or sewing sites, so I can learn something new, blogs I enjoy, new recipes, etc. but it's always some sort of enjoyable reading.

In addition to that type of reading I've started looking around purposely trying to find something to read that's motivational and uplifting each day.

It doesn't always have to be scripture, in fact as LA was cuddling with me this morning on the sofa waiting to head out for the bus I picked up a book and read a little essay about not putting off your children and instead just showing them love and grace all throughout the day,...so that at the end of each day you don't end up thinking back to all the countless times you yelled, or disciplined them, or put them off for other less important stuff to be busy with, or felt too tired to read a bedtime story that MAYBE takes 5 minutes, etc. but instead you can look back and see much happier moments with your kids.

And then after I read that this morning, I noticed a scripture verse listed on a friend's FB page and decided to look it up. Wouldn't you know it fits perfectly with my resolutions:

Joshua 1:8-9

8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

I'm not sure if I'll end up posting these little inspirational finds all the time, but it never hurts to pass on some positive motivation. Glad I spent time reading this today and meditating on these thoughts as I go throughout my Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment