Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Love Affair has Returned...Well, Sort of - March 2008

You were my constant companion many years ago when I had 2 children both in diapers while trying to complete my bachelor's degree. I'd dub those years as a.k.a. "the sleepless years," but sadly my sleepless years have yet to end, so....

After graduating you became so much more important to me over the next few years as I ventured into the world of corporate America working MORE than full-time. But when I became pregnant with LA we had to say goodbye and go our separate ways. It's not that I haven't been grateful for all the many times you've been ever so helpful to me, and it's not that I haven't missed you, OHHHHHH how I've missed you!!!!!

But let's face it, the chronic shakes and headaches I had for several weeks when we said goodbye weren't any fun for me. And our relationship had become too dependent, as we spent time together at least twice a day, every day.

While I've always loved the smell I've ALWAYS hated the taste...of coffee! And even though I discovered the crazy world of mochas, cappuchinos, lattes, frappuchinos, and more last summer as my only way to remotely stomach the hideous taste of coffee in times of desperate need, all those wonderfully yummy, creamy flavors are so much more help to adding on the poundage, and let's face it, I sure don't need any help in that area. And those cruel little loves of mine are seriously WAY too easy to chug!



And when I was sick back in January (although it wasn't the cause of my illness) the last "flavor" to go down (and then back up) was none other than coffee-flavored, so...

Because I'm once again in the midst of MORE cruel college years (with the end nowhere in sight it seems) and because 2 months later I still can't stomach the thought of drinking anything with a coffee taste, I believe the time has come for us to become reacquainted.

Now hold on, slow down, let's not go crazy and get too far ahead of ourselves. I'm not saying we're going back to the way things used to be. This new relationship is on my terms, so here they are. We're only going to see each other on days when it's absolutely necessary, not all the time, and certainly not more than once in the same day. Don't forget I've replaced you before, when water became my new companion, and I have every intension of doing it again.

You're only here because I intend to use you and then throw you away. This is a temporary arrangement. So don't get too comfortable here. Do you understand? Okay, good. I'll meet you at the store in 5 min.



***Update: Ummm...yeah...I've since upgraded from Mt. Dew to Full Throttles. As an overloaded full-time college student and mom of 4 kids, I've gotta do whatever it takes to get through the days. So, Full Throttle to stay awake and get through my days...and Ambien to fall asleep at night...yeah...that can't be a good regular diet. How much longer until I finish this degree???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment