Time for another fitness update. I've kind of had this really weird mixed bag of feelings toward fitness lately. One day I'm really motivated and the next not at all.
I really want to keep doing all of this and get back on the high motivation kick where I was so completely disciplined with my eating, food log, drinking lots of water, never missing a workout 6 days per week...but for some reason my motivation has really been down lately. I'm not sure why, I can't really figure out what's keeping my mojo down...other than simply being really tired.
It takes so much discipline to record every single calorie...every single day, it's a lot of work. But I'm determined to somehow get my mojo back on a more consistent basis.
So today I took my workout up the street to run 10k (6.2 miles) on a middle school track...which just so happens to be 25 laps around the closest inside lane. Yeah...that's a LOT of laps!
I ran pretty well starting out, but I also took several 1 min. walking breaks at about 1.5 miles, 2.2, 3.1, 3.5, 4.1, 4.8, 5.0 and 5.5 miles which means there's tons of room for improvement to cut out a lot of that walking time before Oct.'s 10k race. So my time today was:
So not bad for only the 2nd time I've ever run this longer distance (the first time I ran it I was exactly 1 min. faster) and for not being very consistent with workouts, dieting, etc. lately.
I want to be so much faster than this by Oct.!
I really want to keep doing all of this and get back on the high motivation kick where I was so completely disciplined with my eating, food log, drinking lots of water, never missing a workout 6 days per week...but for some reason my motivation has really been down lately. I'm not sure why, I can't really figure out what's keeping my mojo down...other than simply being really tired.
It takes so much discipline to record every single calorie...every single day, it's a lot of work. But I'm determined to somehow get my mojo back on a more consistent basis.
So today I took my workout up the street to run 10k (6.2 miles) on a middle school track...which just so happens to be 25 laps around the closest inside lane. Yeah...that's a LOT of laps!
I ran pretty well starting out, but I also took several 1 min. walking breaks at about 1.5 miles, 2.2, 3.1, 3.5, 4.1, 4.8, 5.0 and 5.5 miles which means there's tons of room for improvement to cut out a lot of that walking time before Oct.'s 10k race. So my time today was:
10 k (6.2 miles) outside = 70:04 min., 11:18min./mile pace
So not bad for only the 2nd time I've ever run this longer distance (the first time I ran it I was exactly 1 min. faster) and for not being very consistent with workouts, dieting, etc. lately.
I want to be so much faster than this by Oct.!









No comments:
Post a Comment