Earlier this week my kids caught a rough stomach bug. The good news is it only lasted 24 hours. Unfortunately, the bad news is I caught it next...and for some reason I ended up with a MUCH more severe case of it. While they threw up about 5 times each, I did that so many times I lost count...and ahem, other unfun bathroom stuff way more than I could ever possibly count too. I barely ate for 36 hours and spent the majority of that time "living" in the bathroom. Yeah...it's been a VERY rough last couple of days.
But hey, there's nothing like being THAT sick to help you lose weight. And since I've managed to maintain this lower weight for the past 2 days I think it's safe to say I've finally managed to kick off another sugar sack!
It's definitely NOT the kind of diet I'd recommend, or something I'd wish on anyone, really. But the best part about beginning to feel a little better really was being that shocked on the scale!
So I've finally updated my sugar sack counter in the sidebar with another sack marked off the list. Yes, for the past 2 days I've weighed in at 126lbs.,...a number that is still truly unbelievable to me. I honestly cannot remember the last time I weighed in this low...but I do know it was before I had any kids, so we're talking more than 14 years ago! Wow!
And since I'm that much closer to my ultimate weight goal, now just another 6 lbs. away, I've also added 2 tiny little weights to my sugar sack countdown since my total goal is a weight loss of 32 lbs. I decided to use a photo to signify those weights from the tiny little 2lbs. weights I bought back in February, and can remember how I thought they were so incredibly heavy to lift around at the time! Ha! Now in comparison to the 5lbs., 8lbs., and 10lbs. weights I'm using these days those tiny little 2lbs.-ers feel like nothing!
Before getting incredibly sick this week I was still doing very well, keeping on track with both strength training and running workouts every day. I even ran with a new friend one night this week and that was a fun time to run with someone new, plus running with anyone is always more enjoyable than running alone and it really makes the time go by quicker!
So while I'm still taking it a little easy today, not trying to overdo it just yet, I'm hoping to get back into my workouts again starting tomorrow. In the meantime I have a bunch of homework to catch up on.
But hey, there's nothing like being THAT sick to help you lose weight. And since I've managed to maintain this lower weight for the past 2 days I think it's safe to say I've finally managed to kick off another sugar sack!
It's definitely NOT the kind of diet I'd recommend, or something I'd wish on anyone, really. But the best part about beginning to feel a little better really was being that shocked on the scale!
So I've finally updated my sugar sack counter in the sidebar with another sack marked off the list. Yes, for the past 2 days I've weighed in at 126lbs.,...a number that is still truly unbelievable to me. I honestly cannot remember the last time I weighed in this low...but I do know it was before I had any kids, so we're talking more than 14 years ago! Wow!
And since I'm that much closer to my ultimate weight goal, now just another 6 lbs. away, I've also added 2 tiny little weights to my sugar sack countdown since my total goal is a weight loss of 32 lbs. I decided to use a photo to signify those weights from the tiny little 2lbs. weights I bought back in February, and can remember how I thought they were so incredibly heavy to lift around at the time! Ha! Now in comparison to the 5lbs., 8lbs., and 10lbs. weights I'm using these days those tiny little 2lbs.-ers feel like nothing!
Before getting incredibly sick this week I was still doing very well, keeping on track with both strength training and running workouts every day. I even ran with a new friend one night this week and that was a fun time to run with someone new, plus running with anyone is always more enjoyable than running alone and it really makes the time go by quicker!
So while I'm still taking it a little easy today, not trying to overdo it just yet, I'm hoping to get back into my workouts again starting tomorrow. In the meantime I have a bunch of homework to catch up on.









No comments:
Post a Comment