Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Monday, July 06, 2009

Summertime Swimming

Another part of our simple, low key 4th of July weekend was playing with the kids in the pool in the backyard. EJ took several pictures of me which was great to see just how far I've come so far in my fitness goals.

I looked at these pictures and thought, wow! I'm doing pretty good! Now if I could just get rid of my ridiculous runner's tan!

As she took these photos EJ said, "Wow, Mom, you've got nice abs!"

Yeah...I pretty much LOVED that compliment!!! Esp. since I haven't had nice abs in over 14 years since before I had children.

I think this photo below is my favorite one! Words can't express how amazing it is to see myself looking so much better. It still doesn't really register in my mind when I look at myself, so I'm always surprised to see how great I'm beginning to look! When you're used to being out of shape for so long, it takes a while to realize you're actually looking so much better!

Yikes! This WHITE woman seriously needs a tan!

Working on that tan. I laid out listening to music and periodically dipping into the pool to cool off while the kids played and played...ahhh, such a relaxing, carefree afternoon.

Yup, not minding my new fitness look much at all!

Progress, gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment