Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Saturday, July 11, 2009

Not Much to Blog About

It's been a typical week, I've been busy with my new class, trying to stay ahead of all the daily deadlines. So far this class is about strategic planning and having a strategic mindset in business. Not exactly earth shatteringly exciting stuff, but it's at least interesting, esp. as we relate it to real world scenarios.

My new instructor is proving to be a much more hard nosed, extremely detailed teacher, which is good because it always forces me to work much harder, challenge myself more, and I end up taking a lot more out of the class when it's over. Including this one, only 3 more classes to go!

We're trying a new approach to chores this week, assigning everyone 1 day a week to do their own laundry so that the laundry pile doesn't built into an enormous mountain each week. We've also assigned 2 days per week for IK, EJ, and LA to help with dishes and taking out the trash so that each person only has to help with these chores 2 times per week.

Then they all have their daily chores including cleaning their rooms, feeding the pets, cleaning up the living room, and of course remembering to brush their teeth so we can try to avoid these huge dental bills in the future.

So far the new system has worked pretty well, although it's taking a lot of reminders from me to get them to actually get these chores done each day. But the biggest change is not seeing an enormous laundry pile always occupying a spot in the office.

The kids have been enjoying some various activities through the youth group and I've finally started working on LA's rag quilt again that I haven't touched since last Christmas! Now I have all the top pieces, bottom pieces, and batting squares all cut out and sandwiched together with pins so they're ready to begin sewing the traditional quilting squares across. But that's as far as I've gotten now that homework priorities have been consuming the last couple of days.

I'm hoping to get all the individual squares sewn together sometime next week so I can begin piecing together the strips, go through the ragging process, and eventually complete her blanket hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

We've been working hard to simplify our lives and schedules lately, which may explain why there's a lot less to blog about since life is starting to move at a slightly slower pace. We're still plenty busy, but at a controllable level and everyone's enjoying the nights free from activities so we can enjoy that down time and lots more unscheduled family time together. Busier schedules will pick up again at the end of the summer when school starts for the kids, but for now we're enjoying a lot less on our plates. It's been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment