Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Saturday, July 04, 2009

Saturday...Morning?

I'm about as far away from a morning person as you can get. If I don't set an alarm clock and if my kids don't wake me up, then I can easily sleep in until anywhere between 10 - 11:30am...which is pretty much lunch time when I finally start my day.

I'm a true night person. I tend to have so much more energy in the evenings and can easily stay up until 1 - 2am before finally feeling tired enough to go to sleep.

At the same time, on the mornings when I do wake up early and get my day started much sooner I love how unbelievably accomplished I end up feeling because I will get so much more done in a day, esp. if I start that day with a workout.

Of course yesterday I started off that way with a early morning run with Swede at 9:00am (yes, I realize that's not "early" at all to some people, but it is to me!). For me to be up, dressed, out of the house and productive at that hour definitely takes some planning and an alarm clock.

But since I had been up really late the night before, after coming home from that run, taking a shower and deciding to watch a movie, my lack of sleep caught up with me and I decided it was time for an afternoon nap. I love naps...seriously one of those all too infrequent occurrences that children truly don't value enough.

Assuming I would sleep for maybe an hour or two, by the time I finally woke up it was 6:00pm and time to make dinner. Which means I had been asleep for at least 3 hours, so naturally after making dinner and just chillin in the evening I was awake until my typical late evening hours...and gloriously slept in really late this morning, waking up to have breakfast at 11:30am.

So yeah, my sleep schedule is kind of all over the place today, but it's the 4th, we're having a very casual, lazy day since we had plans to be on vacation and now we're planning to BBQ and go see some fireworks tonight.

In a few minutes I'm going to change into some workout clothes and do my strength training routine. I drank a lot more water yesterday (96 oz.) and watched my calories much closer so today my weight is at 129.2 lbs. Since I haven't been consistent with this as much lately my weight has been fluxing up and down between 129 - 131.4 lbs., so I really want to get back on track with consistent weight loss each week.

Of course it is good to know that despite not watching my calories at all most days, not drinking tons of water, and missing several workouts that I'm at least maintaining my current weight level pretty well. And as my sister recently reminded me that means I'm still doing very well and setting a great example of a very healthy way to lose weight making sure it won't all come back.

Which is exactly why I never set any specific time periods like 30, 60, 90 days to accomplish my total weight loss goal because I don't want to be very disappointed or end up beating myself up if I miss those target dates. I know I'll get there...and at this point I'm hoping it will happen before or by the time I run in the upcoming 10k, which is slightly more than 3 months away.

No comments:

Post a Comment