Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Monday, September 15, 2008

Alphabet Memes - A - March 2008

Alphabet Memes - A

I thought I'd have a little fun today with some of my favorite "A" things. My original thought would be to blog about each letter of the alphabet once per week, but I don't know if I can consistently commit to that, but I'll give it a shot. I'm not going to specify a certain number of items for my lists (because honestly there's a few letters that scare me!), but I'll try to come up with about 5 items. So today begins with A:

1. Autumn - I love this season! I love all the beautiful colors, the reds, orange, yellow, and browns. Growing up in Maryland one of the many beautiful sites there are all the leaves changing color in the fall, and since it's barely green out here in the west I miss seeing those autumn colors each year! You also can't find an abundance of acorns while playing as a kid in the woods out west either.

2. Apple Walnut Cake - I found an incredibly easy and extremely delicious recipe a couple years ago in a Woman's Day magazine that has become a family favorite. You basically throw everything into one very large bowl, mix, and bake, and out comes the most amazing cake! It's perfect for anytime you need to bring a dessert, and goes esp. well with a cup of hot tea while you're cuddled up with a big comfy blanket on a cold day. Click here for the recipe.

3. Atlantic Ocean - is perfect for sunny, hot, tanning-and-have-fun-in-the-sun weather. Again, growing up on the east coast, there's plenty of really fun memories here. And while I hate seafood, you just can't say no to Maryland crab feasts! I've been to the Pacific Ocean a few times too, and OR is excellent for whale watching and Santa Barbara is beautiful too, but there's just something about the east coast.

4. Amusement Parks - love 'em! I love seeing all the fun my kids have in them, and I esp. love the days I get to go without my kids so I can enjoy some of the fun too. Kings Dominion rules!!! And Bush Gardens in VA and Lagoon in UT are pretty awesome too.


5. LA's Alphabet song for "A" - just too cute:



And of course you have to do several takes when you have a baby brother around trying to wrestle with you...



or sing his version at the same time...



No comments:

Post a Comment