Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Dark and Scary Confession - Feb. 2008

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Dark and Scary Confession

We all have those areas of our home we really hate to clean, right? For me, the absolute top of the list has to be the bathrooms...they're just icky and disgusting no matter what. But then there's those other areas of our homes, that aren't necessarily our most dreaded chores, they're just not part of the typical every week requirements. You know, those places that you only spring clean every once in a while? Well, for me one of those areas happens to be underneath the oven.

It's not a typical chore to completely pull out my oven from the wall far enough so I can sweep and mop behind it, but as I was painting the kitchen this week I decided now was the time. And I'm ashamed to admit just how completely disgusting the floor section was under my oven! Seriously, it was so bad I couldn't even bring myself to take a before shot of this area because I was THAT embarrassed by just how bad it had become!

It took some serious elbow grease along with much help from my friend, Pinesol, but eventually the floor came clean. Along the way I found many interesting items that had at one time slid underneath the oven and made that scary place their new home, including a pacifier, several toy cars, a spoon and a thermometer. The incredibly scary mess eventually disappeared.

That's part of the old vinyl flooring where the oven sits and SD decided not to replace it with laminate at the time because no one ever sees this area. Which led me to think, just how often should I be cleaning underneath my oven? Am I really that bad of a housekeeper to have allowed such a monstrosity to lurk in my kitchen for so long? Because in comparison to the rest of my house this disgusting spot just didn't fit in...even in comparison to my bathrooms when I've been avoiding them for longer than I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment