SCORE!!!!!!!!
She may be head AND shoulders smaller than all the other players, but guess who scored not one, but TWO amazing baskets???!!!!
So as luck would have it I had just turned around to check on LA playing with some friends behind the parent seating area when SD yelled "Karen! Did you see that?! EJ just scored 2 points!!!" Instantly my heart broke as I realized I had missed that long hoped for, long awaited, eagerly anticipated parent moment when YOUR child scores a goal/basket/point for their team. A huge lump began to well up in my throat as SD described the scene to me explaining exactly how EJ had made the shot, until finally I couldn't hear any more details for fear I would break down in huge sobs of disappointment knowing the moment after the game was coming where she would ask if I saw her make the basket and I would have to say no.
But my disappointment quickly faded later in the game when she made her SECOND basket and SD and I both watched her do it. Of course, the huge lump in my throat remained as my feelings of sobbing disappointment were replaced with sobbing proud mommy thoughts. It's so hard to describe the feeling as a parent to watch YOUR child succeed at something for the very first time...esp. when your child is prone to disappointment, past failures, and heartaches.
But that wasn't the case today! Could it be??? Have we FINALLY found that special, wonderful little niche just for EJ???
But my disappointment quickly faded later in the game when she made her SECOND basket and SD and I both watched her do it. Of course, the huge lump in my throat remained as my feelings of sobbing disappointment were replaced with sobbing proud mommy thoughts. It's so hard to describe the feeling as a parent to watch YOUR child succeed at something for the very first time...esp. when your child is prone to disappointment, past failures, and heartaches.
But that wasn't the case today! Could it be??? Have we FINALLY found that special, wonderful little niche just for EJ???









No comments:
Post a Comment