Seriously, they're driving me crazy! I have so much more determination to run longer, but my stupid shins won't cooperate.
I ran on Monday on my treadmill (because there was snow outside) and did fairly well, slowing down my time to allow me to run continuously the entire 3.1miles. Then yesterday I went through all of my strength training exercises really well.
Today it was still windy & cold, but much nicer out, so I took KW for a nice bike ride and we managed to go for 6miles before he started to nod off to sleep and I brought him home. After we arrived about an hour later I decided to get my run in on the treadmill again...and this time see if I could pick up the steady pace to 5.5mph.
But my shins were hurting the entire time and by the time I had been running for 15min. they were really sore, so I slowed down to 5mph...but about 8min. later when I reached the 2.0mile mark my shins were excruciatingly painful!
Now I'm icing them and hoping my bike ride before the run was just a little too much on my legs today, but hopefully won't be something that will prevent me from continuing tomorrow. Ugh!
I ran on Monday on my treadmill (because there was snow outside) and did fairly well, slowing down my time to allow me to run continuously the entire 3.1miles. Then yesterday I went through all of my strength training exercises really well.
Today it was still windy & cold, but much nicer out, so I took KW for a nice bike ride and we managed to go for 6miles before he started to nod off to sleep and I brought him home. After we arrived about an hour later I decided to get my run in on the treadmill again...and this time see if I could pick up the steady pace to 5.5mph.
But my shins were hurting the entire time and by the time I had been running for 15min. they were really sore, so I slowed down to 5mph...but about 8min. later when I reached the 2.0mile mark my shins were excruciatingly painful!
Now I'm icing them and hoping my bike ride before the run was just a little too much on my legs today, but hopefully won't be something that will prevent me from continuing tomorrow. Ugh!









No comments:
Post a Comment