Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What's a Windy Day Good For?

You know the days, the kind that looks really nice as you peer outside your window and begin to think, "hey, it looks great outside today, we should go do something," but then you actually step outside and realize...it's EXTREMELY WINDY! Hmmmph.

Great! Fantastic. So, what do yo do with those days? What's an extremely windy day good for? Nothing? Sometimes...but this time it was the PERFECT day to make my 7 year old blissfully happy.

See, my baby girl has been itching something fierce for spring to begin...for bike riding season to come around...for warm, sunny days...and for her mommy to FINALLY take her to the playground to fly kites! Okay, baby girl, let's go.

Of course, your bike is still one of many in our house that has a flat tire that Daddy hasn't had time to fix yet, so you'll have to borrow your big sis's bike today...no problem says LA, the sweet and happy gleam in her face cannot be removed, esp. now that we're actually heading to the park.

And within minutes...her happy gleam explodes into pure joy! At this point, I feel as if my comments almost distract from the joy captured in these photos, so here she is...in an appropriately wordless few moments.

Who's flying way up there? It's Hanna Montana. Nope, my baby girl isn't part of the HM obsession...in fact, she barely knows who HM is, aside from just a few short episodes of her sitcom caught on a rare Sat. morning. And, W*lmart strangely had tons of boy themed kites this year, but very few girl kites, so it was this or Barbie, which LA chose for her sister EJ.

And who was I flying? Lightening McQueen! LA and KW had already opened their kites in excitement the day before, so I simply grabbed KW's kite since it was already put together. KW would've joined us on this trip to the park, if he wasn't in the middle of a nap at the time.

A few shots of mommy too. Silly rabbit, kites aren't just for kids. Oh wait, that's Trix cereal...whatever...I get my random TV quotes. They make sense in my head.

Okay, the Kodak moments are over...now comes the *real* us...a day's simply not complete without an expression of our silly side!

Oh, the giggles that went along with this afternoon in the park! LA has by far the most amazing, most truly infectious giggle I've EVER heard in my entire life...yeah, and that sentence almost covers how amazing her giggle really is. I dare you to keep frowning when her out of control giggles get going!

See, there's two ways to look at a really windy day...I could be frustrated by how obnoxious the wind will be as it destroys all attempts I made to have a decent hair day, and I could be disappointed at all the other outside activities I couldn't do because of the wind...or I could make lemonade out of lemons by pulling out the kites, throwing them up in the air and saying, "Ha! Take that wind!" Not to mention making the day of my baby girl, and what's more important in my agenda than that?

Oh right, making sure we never take life too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment