Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Single Digits, People!!!

As a mom of 4 growing kids, I usually spend money buying new clothes for them and rarely buy clothes for myself unless I really need it. Well, for a long time now I've been getting by with just 2 pairs of jeans...that's it, the only jeans I own that fit, so I simply alternate wearing them...one is a size 12 and the other is a jr./misses size 11, so just slightly smaller.

I've been doing really well with my fitness goals lately and noticing my jeans were beginning to feel slightly more loose as time went on, and this last week I really paid attention to being able to cinch my belt to 1 notch closer than normal. Of course I attributed this to the "second day jeans" effect where your jeans fit more loosely the second day you wear them.

I went to the store the other day and decided to try on some new jeans. I was hoping to be able to comfortably fit into a size 10, but I grabbed a couple of size 8's to try on just to see how much further away I was from getting down to that size.

I walked into the changing room and I was SHOCKED!!!!!! Somehow, I managed to completely bypass the size 10's and I ACTUALLY FIT COMFORTABLY INTO THE SIZE 8'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not talking about being able to force and squeeze my body barely into them, to the point where I was able to zip them up, but they were so tight they looked painted on....NO! When I say I could fit into size 8 jeans...I mean I was able to comfortably put them on and look decent enough in them to actually wear them in public!!!!


*******************************************************

Let me explain just how MONUMENTOUS this moment was....the last time I actually fit decently and comfortably in a size 8 pair of jeans was BEFORE LA and KW were born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA just turned 7, which means we're talking PRIOR to 2001!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back when I had HALF as many children as I do today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost 8 years ago!!!

*******************************************************


So instead of dropping 1 pants size, I managed to skip down 2 sizes!!! I went from wearing a size 12 to a size 8...we're talking single digits here, people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so completely elated as I walked out of the changing room and immediately had to call SD at work to tell him about this moment and have someone to share in my extreme delight. He was very pleased and happy for me to meet this accomplishment.

I ended up buying 3 pairs of size 8 jeans, because I figure I'll be wearing this size for a while. I'm not quite halfway at my weight loss goals yet, but honestly if I stayed in a size 8 forever and never dropped down to anything smaller, I'd still be in heaven! Because seriously, the last time I wore a size 5/6 was more than 14 years ago before I had ANY children!

Ahhhh...I love the sense of accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment