Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tired of the Same Old Snacks?

Sometimes, even though my diet is going well, I end up feeling like I'm kind of in a boring rut of eating many of the same old foods all the time...esp. when it comes to finding simple snacks. For over a month now I've been buying lots of these:

They may not look like very much, but they're actually incredibly good! Nature Valley makes some excellent snack bars that are low in calories, taste great, help you feel full longer, and are easy to take around with you when cravings strike. I really like this variety pack of the Maple & Brown Sugar, Oats & Honey, and Peanut Butter bars because I'm never in the mood for the same exact flavor EVERY day.

The peanut butter ones are excellent at curbing those peanut butter cravings with just enough flavor, but much lower calories! And the best part is you get 2 bars in each package at only 180 calories!

But after a while these 3 bars can still become boring if you don't add any new variety. The bars are also hard in texture & crunchy, and sometimes you're more in the mood for something chewy.

So I've also tried this variety pack of granola and yogurt bars:

These bars are thick and decent size (not tiny like most "diet" bars). Each bar is only 140 calories. I like the strawberry & vanilla flavors best, and though I'd like the blueberry too, but in this group it's my least favorite flavor (although all 3 flavors are really good).

And both of these variety packs of granola bars retails for roughly $7.00 around here for a pack of 12 bars!

Yup, you guessed it, Nature Valley makes TONS more flavors too! I really love these creamy, chewy Almond bars!!!

They're only 160 calories for a big, decent size bar and they also make this type of snack in Cashew (160 calories) and Peanut (170 calories) flavors.

As I was in the grocery store the other day I came across an end display with several different variety packs and found these I hadn't seen or tried before:

The dark chocolate and nut flavor also has tiny bits of raisins, but don't let that deter you if you're not really a raisin fan...I didn't even realize they were in there until after I ate the bar and read more on the label! The flavor is very delicious and only 140 calories!

The dark chocolate & nut bars came in a variety pack with these: Fruit & Nut flavor.

I haven't tried this bar yet, but with granola, almonds, peanuts, raisins, and cranberries I'm sure it will taste awesome too!

So there you go, tons of new snacks you can try...all of them between 140 - 180 calories, ALL of them incredibly delicious flavors, and very easy to pack along with you or throw in your purse or coat.

For even more flavors you can go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment