Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Fun

Get ready for LOTS of pictures!

Our Easter morning began REALLY early as we woke up and had all 4 kids at church by 6:45am for the sunrise service where EJ was baptized. It was such an exciting parent moment and a joy to see her standing up there. Our church baptized 22 people that morning, including 12 6th graders...and yes, these two children, EJ and the boy standing to her right, are the exact same age.

Immediately following the early service our church hosts a huge Easter breakfast. Here's IK with his best friend IS.

After I bought KW's new Easter outfit and mentioned to SD that I saw the exact same polo shirts in the mens section SD thought it would be really fun to have all the guys match this year...it was totally his idea to have a couple of mini me's that day...and since they've never had matching clothes before, they loved it.

IK decided to be a big goof all morning...here he's covering his mouth because he's laughing so hard he's afraid he'll spit out his food.

The minute breakfast was over, the wrestling began.

What is it about children and fountains?

Alright gang, attempt #1...what's with the thumbs up, IK?

Okay, attempt #2...of course KW looks down right as I snap the shot!

Attempt #3, IK decides to be a wise guy with this last minute smirking wink.

Last try, KW's not smiling, but hey, good enough!

My beautiful girls.

And my handsome boys.

And this is the pose from my trouble maker that morning who's smiling because his mom says she's going to strangle him and re-baptize him in that fountain in the background if I can't get at least one decent smile out of him! At which he responds by just laughing at me.

IS entertaining KW in between services while waiting for daddy to finish choir rehearsal so we can take a whole family photo.

The girls passed the time by entertaining themselves.

This cute little Easter hat was bought with a pink ribbon & bow, so the night before I bought some blue ribbons from the craft section and voila...hat magic to match her blue dress!

Okay dad, now we're bored, seriously how much longer until you get out here?

I'm amazed at how grown up my family is becoming! Even with heels on my oldest son is still much taller than me. What a beautiful family I have, I'm so truly blessed!!!!

My guys.

And the girls.

Dropping off KW in his classroom.

And LA in hers.

Sunday's weather in the afternoon warmed up and became a beautiful day!

And maybe a pose or two for my husband. I love that my new dress actually said "small." I can't remember the last time that happened!

We pulled out the oil-less turkey fryer we bought for Christmas and made a pork roast for dinner.

We had some friends over for dinner and enjoyed an incredibly relaxing, lazy afternoon. We watched a great movie and enjoyed some wonderful company. It was so nice to have such a peaceful, relaxing afternoon for a change!

Hope you had a wondeful Easter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment