Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Saturday, April 25, 2009

New Location & Name

So the opportunity I gave my unwelcome visitor was ignored. They simply returned with yet another IP address, but clearly it's the same person.

Statcounters are very useful tools, esp. when you begin to notice a somewhat alarming trend in the downloads of certain photos. After I posted my family's Easter photos, frenchie continued to download many of my photos...but what was so completely worrisome is that none of the photos of my girls, KW, or SD and I were downloaded...instead all of the photos are always targeting my oldest son, IK.

Now, it could simply be some preteen girl with a big crush, after all my son is a very handsome young boy. But it could also be signs of a sick and disgusting child predator, and that my friends is completely and totally unacceptable to me.

So I locked up access to my old blog and moved everything here to a new location. Obviously I couldn't post a message there informing my welcome readers of the new blog address, and the move will most likely result in some lost readership for a while, but that's totally fine with me. I'd much rather protect my children.

And of course moving means a new name. I always hate the names I choose for my blogs. Everything I like is already taken, and nothing else seems to fit just right. I'm sure there's a million amazing and clever blog names still out there, but my mind always goes completely blank in this area, so whatever. I'm pretty sure I kind of already hate the name of this blog too, but it's a lot of work to move and re-setup all your personal settings, links, etc. so it'll have to do.

But allow me a moment to explain where this name comes from. Growing up I never thought I would have children...EVER. In fact, I actually had a pact with my older sister to donate my ovaries to her because I was so convinced I never wanted children.

I also was adamant that I would never even consider the idea of marriage until I had AT LEAST a master's degree. I fully expected to have a big, rewarding, impressive, exciting career...what awful plans those would have been!!!! I am SO GLAD that God had entirely different plans for my life!

Obviously, I'm not advocating getting married at 18 and having my first child at 19 as a model plan for everyone...but for whatever reasons, it totally worked for me. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be a mom, and esp. not a mom to 4 children!!!

I never imagined that while working in a fast paced, high salary career traveling all over the U.S. that I would drive into work each morning bawling enormous tears at how much being away from my husband and children for the sacrifices of my job continually broke my heart. And I never imagined myself EVER as a stay at home mom...discovering how much I absolutely LOVE this full-time job and have found it to truly be the most challenging, yet INFINITELY more rewarding job I've ever known.

I am so blessed beyond measure, with a life so amazingly full of joy, and completely satisfied with what my life has become...with the husband I spend my life with...and the 4 amazing, beautiful children we share.

So that's where the surprise comes in...being so completely surprised and thankful MY plans for my life were totally turned upside down...because I've definitely found so much joy, love, and deep satisfaction in the completely different life I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment