Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      


Saturday, April 18, 2009

Veggies, Veggies

Overall S has told me I'm eating a very healthy, great balanced diet, but the one area where I was really lacking was eating more veggies. I eat some, usually in the Lean Cuisine meals for dinner, but that's about it. I figured eating fruit every day would kind of make up for it, right?

Nope, so anyway I went to the store trying to find some single servings of veggies that would be easy to fix, but not make a ton because my kids hate broccoli, cauliflower, etc. so I didn't want to buy a huge bag of veggies that would simply go to waste.

Well in the produce section I found this small bag of raw veggies that's only 100 calories in the whole bag. I bought it planning to eat it as 2 big servings/snacks with some ranch dip...but then I discovered how many calories are in ranch dressing...YIKES!

But then I went to the frozen food section and found these wonderful little single serving veggy trays! They had three flavors:

Corn – 80 calories per serving

Broccoli & cheese sauce - 45 calories per serving

Broccoli, Carrots & Italian Seasoning - 60 calories per serving

They come in a pack of 4 individual trays and each tray is 1 serving.


I bought both of the broccoli varieties and both of them are incredibly delicious! They don't taste like diet food at all! So now I've been adding them as an extra side dish with my dinner each night and it's been an incredibly easy way to add a few more veggies into my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment