Last week I had the privilege of chaperoning a fieldtrip for EJ. Because I'm normally home with KW, and little siblings aren't allowed to tag along on school trips, I don't usually get to go to any fieldtrips, so she was extremely excited that I made it this time.

We went to the...

I had a group of students to lead through the zoo as they completed a fun scavenger hunt of information on various animals. We only had about 2 hours, so we didn't get to everything, but we did see most of it.

We had a lot of fun taking pictures throughout the zoo.


And teasing the kids when they would ask me what some of the answers were to the questions...like what's a tiger's favorite snack? I told them Twinkies.

Or how long is a giraffe's tongue? I said I'm pretty sure it's about 8 feet...and then later I told them I'm really positive that it's about 3 cm. (the real answer is about 20 inches, just in case you're curious).

And what's a Llama's favorite food? Lasagna.

And when you see an outdoor cage with no animals in it and a student asks, "what animals do they keep in there?" The answer is "housecats and toddlers."

And then do your best not to laugh hysterically when the student says, "what's a housecat?" And you have to reply, "a cat that lives in your house."......and then CLICK! The lightbulb goes off before your eyes and they finally catch on to the fact that you're answers probably don't match the signs at the zoo.

By far EJ's favorite animals were the penguins. She could've stayed there and watched them for a really long time.

What else would you do if you walked past this cute little hut?

We ate lunch in the park, and then all 7 buses filled with approx. 300 6th graders headed back to school where we watched part of a movie before it was time to go. Not bad for a free trip and a fun afternoon with my daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment